Friday, August 04, 2006

I love the smell of stripper in the morning

One of the more unpleasant consequences of always being right is the frustration I am subject to in knowing that most of the rest of the world is, in fact, wrong. This is especially difficult to deal with in discussion, during which people more often than not fail to concede even the simplest, most rational arguments I proffer them.

That said, it's always uplifting when you find that one person who, when presented with the truth, actually internalizes at least a portion of it. I can see it in their countenance the instant this happens - they get that look of amazement, the one that says "this is so obvious, how did I miss this all along".

I've actually gotten that twice this week, both times regarding the existence of the natural law. It's not quite a life-affirming experience when it happens, but it sure does make me feel like I got at least something worthwhile accomplished.

-------------

I've got yet another wedding to attend tonight, and one more next weekend.

Hooray, weddings.

Labels: