Friday, July 28, 2006

Ken Jennings is [still] my hero


The summer and fall of 2004 will always be memorable to me for two things: The Gestation of Elliot, and The Ken Jennings Show. I watched Jeopardy! religiously back then, and was a die hard Ken fan. Needless to say, I was crushed when Zerg beat him.

I actually wrote up a "Where is he now?" post about him a while back, but for some reason gave up on it. Now is apparently the time to resurrect the idea, however, as he is officially back in the news.

You may have recently heard that Ken was "biting the hand that feeds" him by mocking both Trebek and the great game show on his blog. Unfortunately, the purveyors of such slanderous misinformation have apparently never heard of satire. I always supposed that you had to have at least a vague familiarity with literary devices before you could become a journalist. Shows what I know.

Read his original post here. It's quite clever.

What am I saying? Of course it's clever - it's fucking Ken Jennings.

Ken Jennings is God.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he was amazing. that undoubtedly was the best summer of my life, all because of Ken Jennings!

 
At 6:56 PM, July 30, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

i think you guys may have to retire the video of the week, because nothing could ever top Daler Mendhi. Gizmo, YOU are my hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home