Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yay mustachioed commonsense!

So, to step up my post-rate in compensation for Toonces' newfound difficulties and continue with exclamatory post titles, I share a beautifully pithy article by one John Stossel. Back in the day when staying home Friday and watching TGIF was not a night wasted, John Stossel ruled our family's heart (maybe not Brian's, he was starting that nasty puberty thing that required distancing himself from his progenitors and sibling) with his periodic contributions to 20/20 in the form of scathing commonsense commentary. Think, a less funny and choleric Louis Black with insightful journalism. This round, he turns his attention to the idea of single-payer healthcare/insurance mandates.

It's a short read. Maybe I'll write a post about the revolving TGIF line-up. I'm not sure if Step by Step or Family Matters had the longest life, but it's definitely research-worthy.

Oh, and I also have a Jewish mancrush. Let's get a petition going to have him go mustache as well.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family Matters - Boy Meets World - Step by Step - Mr. Cooper

(best lineup ever).

Then...

"I'm Hugh Downs"

"And I'm Barbra Wawa"

"And THIS is 20/20."

Fridays used to be so simple before alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home