Friday, August 26, 2005

LLWS

I won't lie. I've been watching the Little League World Series religiously since it started this year. Every game I still get a little pang of resentment, as every team I ever played for when I was a kid managed to suck beyond belief. Well, except for when I was in sixth grade, and my buddy and I snuck our way onto the minor league (full of third and fourth graders) and completely pwned those little shits. I'm talking inside the park home runs every at bat, turning double plays on their asses... ah, but I digress.

So I was thinking, every year during the College World Series selection process we get the inevitable proclamations of "West Coast bias," however founded or unfounded the claim may be. Left Coasters outside of SoCal and AZ say their teams are too spread out, their budgets are too limited, or whatever, so they end up with fewer and worse seeds than say, the South.


Whether you buy into that stuff or not, the fact remains that this year's LLWS Championship is going to be played by 2 very West coast teams - Vista, CA and Ewa Beach, HI. And I'll let you in on a little secret: those Hawaiians are fucking dominant. I'm talking bend you over with your momma watching dominant. And the Californians are no joke either. While we're at it, college teams from out West have been to something like 4 out of the last 5 CWS championships. See a trend?

Draw your own conclusions, I suddenly realized that I was doing nothing but rambling. Sorry about that. I'll try to save face by making this a plug for the Little Leaguers. They really are good, you should check them out Saturday afternoon. That is all.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, August 26, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

Hurry back Vince...I'm way to sober

 
At 9:57 PM, August 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite part is how the kids have no real stats, so they have to show something like favorite superhero underwear or some crap like that. it's pretty funny.

 
At 11:14 AM, August 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way Vince, I got your NAMBLA application in the mail for you.

 
At 11:20 AM, August 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i need to fill that out asap. i can't wait until i start receiving member's benefits, if you know what i mean...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home