Sunday, September 25, 2005

No Work Monday

Let it be known (especially to the Sunday Night Football crew) that there is only one LT, and LaDainian Tomlinson is not he. So stop calling him that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I knew our office was still going to be closed today, so I decided to stay up and watch Kontroll last night. I was really looking forward to it after reading several positive reviews, but I have to say I was more than a little disappointed when it was all said and done. Sure, the cinematography and atmosphere were exceptional (although the latter was a bit wearying), but it seems like the whole thing was filled with a lot of symbolism that didn't really point to anything, and even more internal conflict that never materialized as relevant. Still, the basic concept of the film was both novel and interesting and the comedic bits were spot on. I'd add it to the Netflix queue, but don't throw it to the top of the list.

Long day ahead of errands and getting my house reorganized. Yippee. Take it sleazy.

4 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I am with you on the LT reference. I haven't heard of "Kontroll," maybe I will throw that in there. Is it subtitled or badly dubbed? I watched "Old Boy" and I had a hard time getting into it because they dubbed it.

 
At 11:58 AM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you hate the LT title for LaDainian, you'll love my post in the fantasy league.

 
At 6:05 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kontroll is badly subtitled, haha. oh man, old boy is coming up on my queue, i can't wait to see it... i agree though, subtitles all the way.

 
At 7:51 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

Lawrence Taylor was a great one in a category all to himself. Still remember the Monday night sack of Joe Theismann though. OUCH !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home