Friday, December 01, 2006

I saw three ships on Christmas Day

I seriously could've been arrested for DUI on the way to work this morning.

What's the only thing better than driving drunk at 6 in the AM? Driving drunk while listening to the Sufjan Stevens' "Songs For Christmas" at 6 in the AM!

As has so often been the case, I have Giz to thank for directing me to this great, great collection. Sufjan has really done something special here; both his reverence for the season and creativity are equally apparent. For the second straight Christmastime, I've had these on repeat non-stop. My favorite is "What Child is This Anyway?"

Down there is a video of him doing one of his original Christmas songs, live. It's good, but you really owe it to yourself to go here and listen to the collection in its entirety. I just ordered my hard copy from Amazon. It comes with a songbook and stickers!

Hooray, Sufjan! Hooray, Christmas!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Richard said...

It definitely saves me from the drivel on the All Christmas, All the Time radio station. Seriously, that station and HEB's soundtrack inspire murderous intention.

 
At 2:49 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

You can blame the drunk driving on Mr. Patron.

 
At 6:01 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger GIZMO said...

the fact that chris remembered the hipster erotica makes me happy. this is the greatest collection of christmas songs....EVER! Changed my life last year, and there are 2 new cds this year. HOORAY for life!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home