Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Montage of Failure

During the Maine trip, someone had the bright idea of chronicling Dice's brief rise and meteoric fall. In homage to the the Nu Chapter's beloved motto, "Shame & Failure," I christened said story Montage of Failure. After all, while many of us give the Shame half a fair run for its money every day, only Dice has managed to truly embody the Failure aspect in all manners of his life.

After only a few short rounds of email, Mango and I have developed a rough outline for any author willing to undertake this worthy endeavour.

Montage of Failure: The Dice Story

Ch. 1: How to lose a girl in 10 weeks.
Ch. 2: How to drop out of school in 6 months.
Ch. 3: Fingercuffing.
Ch. 4: Losing a car, Part 1. The Monte Carlo goes to the impound.
Ch. 5: The Bill affair.
Ch. 6: Apartment Lighting 101: Extension Cord Theory
Ch. 7: One fish, two fish, red fish, BLACKBALL.
Ch. 8: Making friends: The Gilmore, Andy, Chris, Amanda, and Monster Sagas
Ch. 9: Losing a car, Part 2. The Pinto takes a trip.
Ch. 10: Spiritual redemption through poverty.

Please leave ideas for other chapters in the combox. This has the potential for greatness if it materializes.

P.S. I'm only hard on Dice because I love him. A lot.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, January 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This post is tetering on the edge of mean-spirited - yet, so funny.

In spite of that, I might have a couple of suggestions (this may require further correspondence for more detail):

Prologue: The Art of the Racist Joke

Chap x: Ensuring the Future Chastity of an Ex-girlfriend

Chap y: How to Lose a Job in 10 Minutes

And from the Rocky & Bullwinkle school of titles:

Chap z: "A Free Month's Rent" or "Where Did All of My Stuff Go?"

Dice and I's relationship has been pretty up and down at times, but we're on good terms now and I hope he'll only take this as some good-natured ribbing. I, like all of us, could probably have a chapter or two devoted to my Shame & Failure as well.

 
At 4:38 PM, January 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dice threesome = pledgeclass reduced to twosome

and lets not forget "the summer of the power forward" the summer after freshman year was full of some amazing pulls for dice.

 
At 8:31 AM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "A Year Living on Kevin King's Couch"?

 
At 9:02 AM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOooh OOOH I almost forgot:

"Rule #1 of the Chi Phi House: Never Bring Your Hot Slutty Bisexual Little Sister Who's Still In High School to a Party".

 
At 11:51 AM, January 25, 2007, Blogger Richard said...

I love it. God bless.

 
At 2:13 PM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just laughed out loud. In trusts and estates class.
Shame and Failure forever!

 
At 3:09 PM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just playing games during class and I found this one: http://www.addictinggames.com/fratboybeerpong.html
Did one of yall write this game? Dice has to be the model for the second level.

 
At 11:06 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Sir Cody said...

Damn you for introducing that game Frankie! I have now wasted more of my day than usual.

 
At 11:59 AM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much to say, so little interest in saying it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home