Saturday, January 20, 2007

Wet and Rusting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok, ok. I know I'm not the ear for talent of our multi-ethnic band of buggery, but I was physically excited upon hearing Wet and Rusting by Menomena. Yes, I know, Friend and Foe is already on Pitchfork's ever-influential list of Best New Music. Also, it's a track from the third release of a band I had yet heard of, but of course, the the excitement stems from discovery.

Anyway, the band's creation of production software to suit their own style of composition is surely interesting, most likely superfluous, but decidedly fucking fine with me if it consistenly churns out the, at first blush, maddeningly sporadic melodic stabs and diverse rhythm textures. But, fap fap, when those drums crash in and pull out. I think Sigur Ros in a blender with no cover, but that's most likely an analogy that could be improved upon by someone with a broader musical catalog.

So, let me share share by listening listening.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, January 21, 2007, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this about music that no one else knows about yet except for you and Giz?

 
At 12:42 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

gosh tito, it's like "the final countdown" or nothing with you, isn't it?

 
At 3:38 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

No, I always have room for Whitesnake, Ratt and Judas Priest

 
At 3:48 PM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And RUSH!

 
At 4:27 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger GIZMO said...

>tooting own horn< I saw Menomena and Interpol on the same night once. It was awesome. Interpol at Gypsy Tea Room, and Menomena right down the street for a free instore at the old Good Records. SCOREBOARD!! Even better was that Secret Machines opened for Interpol that night. I am the king of all things once considered to be cool. <\tooting own horn>

 
At 3:25 PM, January 23, 2007, Blogger GIZMO said...

totally appropriate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home