Wednesday, May 02, 2007

OTC

This morning I went and checked out the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) at Reliant park. It was hugegantic. The degree of specialization in drilling and recovery related technology is staggering.

Of course, since I have nothing to do with offshore exploration and production, for me it was mostly just a trip out of the office. A friend of mine that had gone on Monday had mentioned to me that he spent most of his time looking at split tail. I admit, I was wary of just how much tang one could find at a conference for a male dominated industry. I'm pleased to report that my friend wasn't lying.

If you haven't been to Reliant park, like the rest of Houston, it's a sprawl. Companies had their booths set up regionally. I spent most of the time around the Brazilian and Norwegian companies, for obvious reasons. Those Brazilian chicks, good gravy - I swear they must hire these gals for the specific purpose of being "booth babes." It was totally legit though, all business related, because we've got real life drilling contracts with Petrobras. I talked to them for the good of the company, and the good of the stock price.

-------------

This makes me laugh:

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Richard said...

That is one flamboyant pumpjack, and there's nothing quite as scary to Jack as a flaming pumpjack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home