Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Kurt Russell

Kurt has come full circle. I thought maybe last year's Miracle was a fluke, but with Sky High coming out this week, it's official. The man who was once Walt's poster boy for the "child actor" spot has made his return to Disney. I'm ecstatic.

kurt the hurt

When I was a kid, I wore out my tape of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and Now You See Him, Now You Don't. Was there ever a more loveable character than Dexter Riley? I think not. Of course, Kurt's post-Disney career has ebbed and flowed. But from the lows of Overboard and Executive Decision to the greatness of Big Trouble in Little China and Escape From New York, Kurt has held tough. Seriously, how did he not make that list of the 100 greatest Americans. The man is an icon.

Now, nearly thirty years later, he returns to his roots, in what we at the TOB hope will amount to a resurgency of K-Russ glory past.

Kurt Russell, we salute you.

8 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, July 20, 2005, Blogger John Landry said...

dude, you completely forgot about the horribleness (is this a word?) of "Soldier." i thought "Waterworld" was better than that flop. I mean at least dennis hopper could save kevin costner from total embarassment. dude i think they both had the same leading supporting actress, wow, that's weird. i can't remember her name thought, but the face is unmistakable.

however, yes i did wear out my disney tapes as well. Kurt is cool, no doubt, but he ain't perfect. is if gay that i kind of want to see this disney film?

 
At 11:01 AM, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no it's not gay. I was actually secretly wishing it would've been in 3D like sharkboy and lavagirl. how badass would that have been.

soldier had gury busey in it, which automatically saves any movie from landing on the "crap" list.

 
At 1:06 PM, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can't leave out his suicidal bad-ass character "Jack O'Neil" from Stargate. I mean he was the lead role in a movie that sparked the "next Star Trek". And then there's Tombstone... need I say more?

 
At 2:01 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger John Landry said...

ooooohhhh, Tombstone ROCKS!!!! my favorite part is when he says "You tell them I'm comin, you tell them I'm comin, and hells comin with me!!!" oh, and stargates cool too.

 
At 10:31 PM, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on man escape from new york is a cult classic and big trouble in little china will continue to be funny to me and about 23 other people worldwide.

 
At 3:58 PM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make that 24

 
At 4:36 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

25

 
At 5:38 PM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we'll call it an even 97

 

Post a Comment

<< Home