Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday... back to the grindstone.

  • Dude, this story is fucking great. Talk about a field day for the Texan reporters covering the action. And how cool is it that by checking the killer's facebook profile, I can find out that I am exactly 2 degrees of separation from a murderer? Or that he's a big time mobster-wannabe tool? I'll tell you: it's very cool.

  • I ordered a movie from Amazon called Strings, and it came in on Friday. It is amazing. So amazing that I have watched it three times since then. This was a total blind purchase, but I saw it on a list of new releases for August, read the description, and knew it would be money. Think Dark Crystal meets Hamlet. Yes, Dark Crystal... because the entire movie is one big puppet show (hence the name)! The genius stroke, I think, is that the screenwriters - in quintessential post-modernist fashion - chose to completely douse the story in self-reflexivity (e.g. the puppets are aware of their strings). This softly understated inclusion instantly poses an overwhelming volume of deep and meaningful questions to the viewer regarding the nature of humanity, the essence of being, etc. I could rave for hours about this one, but I'll just say do yourself a favor and find this movie.

  • Hey, what did I tell you about those Hawaiian kids?

  • *Now, a Special Report from Captain Obvious*
    It fucking sucks to live in New Orleans right now.

  • And finally... I get a boner every time I see the commercial for the College Gameday Kickoff Spectacular, Start the Season Off With the Biggest of Bangs Show. I'm talking pulsing, massive member style. I even downloaded the Big and Rich song they play during it about "coming to your city," and have had it on repeat in Itunes for about a week now. I can't even believe how close we are to game time. I do sort of almost feel sorry for U-La-La, because first they're going to get all tropical stormed to fuck, and then we're going to have to move in and stomp the shit out of their poor team. Say a little prayer for the poor guys.

    Aloha means goodbye.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

We use to be in the same shitty league as La-La now we have moved up to the WAC where we will continue to have delusions of mediocrity. It sucks being a University of Idaho alumni especially when our rival school, Boise State, has gone and blown up.

 
At 7:49 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

but the free potatoes must rock...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home