Tuesday, November 22, 2005

High hopes and indecision

First, a round of snaps is in order for the young runnin' Horns, for pulling off the one-point squeaker last night against WVA. Even though they looked like an inexperienced team (amd they are, 24 turnovers!), they showed true grit in the face of impending doom. More importantly, their talent level is disgusting, and won't get anything but more refined with time. Tonight's grudge match against Iowa should be another doozy - make sure you check 'em out on ESPN2 at 9 Central.

I forget with whom I already discussed this, but this is the first time since 1968 that a school has had simultaneous #2 rankings for its basketball and football programs. Hook 'em. Of course, because we already won the CWS, and the Rose Bowl is all but in the bag, the Trifecta is looking more attainable than ever. I'm not sure if any school has ever won all three championships in the same year, but I think we've got as good a shot as any. That big Duke game December 10 sure does loom large, though...

-------------------

So I've got a major dilemma. December 3 is the Big XII Championship game, here at Reliant. I've got two tickets if I want them. It is also the day of the company Christmas party, which I have been informed by Maegan that I am attending. The game is from 7-10, the party from 7-Midnight. The game is a local showcase of the greatest Texas football team ever assembled. The party has free beer, wine, margaritas, and a cash bar. The game is the last stop before Pasadena and a national championship, and probably the last time I will get to see the team play live this season. The party has drunk bosses and KARAOKE. The game will be a blowout. The party will be a blow-up.

I'm stumped - what do you guys think?

8 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Maegan care if you go to the Christmas party or not?

I say go to the game, then to the party. By the time you get there everyone will be drunk, and so will you. You might be able to convince them you were there the whole time.

 
At 8:41 AM, November 22, 2005, Blogger JM said...

The game! The game! Karaoke and margaritas? Are you kidding. I think you already know what I think of karaoke, but mixed with liquor? The GAME!!! It's the last of the season!!!

 
At 9:17 AM, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in a true dilemma. Now you have to ask yourself, "Who wears the pants in this relationship?" I say fuck the party and go drink a flask of SoCo at Reliant, but that is just me. I would say that it is the best chance for maximizing joy. You know how fond I am of drunken spectator sports.

 
At 12:39 PM, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dellach - she cares if I go because she wants to go. I think your plan is good, but it looks like the dilemma was non-existent to begin with.

The Big XII Championship is at noon.

Fucking yes.

I win at life.

 
At 2:58 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Sir Cody said...

Noon! So now you can show up at the party already drunk off your ass, be your normal Vincy self, and never have to worry about getting forced to a holiday party again. Pure genius!

 
At 3:33 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Party, then bet on the game so you can make the trip to Pasadena. And Duke sucks.

 
At 11:13 PM, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Babette from Angel's blog. I'm so glad that there's another soul who loves "Pee Wee's Big Adventure." Some more of my fav lines..."I'm a rebel Dodi..a loner.." Or "Large Marge sent me..." Hehehehe!

 
At 12:09 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

Why does it seem your friends/family always schedule weddings/parties/etc during Texas games ?

Are they aggie fans or something ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home