Friday, November 18, 2005

Two quick questions, and the obligatory anecdote

1) Is a fly technically a fly if it is buttoned and not zipped?

2) I know everyone's already take note of this, but did they really start the Christmas season earlier than ever this year, or is it just me?

-------------------

You know how after we get back from Salt Lick, everyone is MIA for about half an hour while nature calls? (I know that was a THIRD question, but it was more rhetorical than anything.) Okay, keep that in mind.

Yesterday, we had our Thanksgiving feast at work. They set up tables in the open space near the elevators, lined up the food next to the cube farm, and let everyone loose. It really was a feast, too. Needless to say, I went for thirds, and tore through a stacked dessert plate. Free shit at work? Hell yes, I take full advantage.

About the time I took that last bite of pumpkin pie, I had a rare moment of clarity. Here were no less than 50 old men, eating their fill, all at the same time.

We only have four stalls on this floor.

I panicked, ran to the bathroom, and pinched one off real fast.

About half an hour later, I woke up from the nap I was taking in my office, and decided to check out the battle zone. Combat was in close quarters. The pat-pat-pat of ass-fire, explosive sounds of colon-blow, and nauseating smell of mustard gas overwhelmed me. Shell-shocked, I stumbled from the bathroom, the taste of bile in my mouth.

This is another thing, as a bit of a lengthy aside. My shits are surgical strikes. I'm in, I take care of business quickly and quietly, like a ninja, and I'm out. My average time is probably about 45 seconds, and only that long because I always have fun wiping. So what's up with these diarrhea sounding, wet ass, shits I always hear everyone else taking?

I mean, seriously, what is wrong with your digestive systems? Sure, I expect to hear something wet and nasty every now and then. But these old guys come in, and every time, without fail, it sounds like the Apocalypse ripping out of their assholes and into the toilet bowl. It's disgusting.

Back to the story, so yeah, I had to take a piss a couple hours later, and guess what? Yup, still full, still awful.

Thank God for the uniquely human gift of foresight.

7 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

This is officially the best post we have ever had. I, too, consider myself to be a very efficiant shitter. "Gone is 60 seconds" as I like to say as I exit, even if nobody is present.

 
At 2:29 PM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Richard said...

And you'd giggle at it...if it didn't smell so godamn terrible. I too have to commend your uncanny ability to make the fecal considerations amidst the crush of the mundane.

 
At 2:37 PM, November 18, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

i spelled efficient wrong

 
At 5:10 PM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Wait a few years after you have done some more damage to your digestive system. Plus after you have been married, the toilet is your sanctuary. The only place you can get some peace and quiet. It is kind of like happy hour. You hang out, talk to your best beds and drop some shots.
Great post, by the way.

 
At 1:25 PM, November 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible post. I think I just shit myself reading it. I also hail from the school ninja shitting.

 
At 9:53 PM, November 19, 2005, Blogger d said...

Verrrrry interesting. Check my profile and see the two blogs I maintain, and you'll understand how I found that one sentence that marries everything I've written onlin for the past couple years...

 
At 11:19 PM, November 19, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

I agree with Shife. I looked at your post with nostalgia, Vince. Wait 'til you're old like the rest of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home