Monday, November 14, 2005

We win at life

First, I have to make a confession. I've been sleeping on the floor for the last 2 weeks because I'm too lazy to put sheets on the bed. Which reminds me of my old dorm roommate, who used to sleep on a faux-bear rug pallet on our floor. That was awesome.

-----------

Giz and I talked about this after the game, and reached consensus: the Horns have never looked so brilliant. EVERYTHING is working this season, and Saturday was simply the condensed version. That our players are phenomenal goes without saying, and they are deserving of every bit of media attention they get.

Still, something that really still has yet to be publicly lauded is the job that Greg Davis has done this year. It cannot be denied: the OC we all love to hate is calling the season of his life. I can't remember more than a couple series all season where we've looked truly stagnant or where the playcalling became unimaginative. It's time that he whose head we have demanded for years in a row receive the love he deserves.

Take yesterday, for example, against the much-touted "nation's #1 rush defense." After a weak three and out to start the game, the offense never looked back en route to 618 total yards - 336 rush. Davis called the perfect mix of pass/rush and spread the field beautifully, making that poor Jayhawk D look like a high school squad. How does eight offensive touchdowns to seven different players sound? Like a fucking Rose Bowl.

The Game Ball goes to Aaron Ross for being an all-around badass (with special props to Vince as the new school record holder for career yardage), but let's make sure Greg gets his as well. Hear, hear.

-----------

Last night I watched some "SNL in the 80s" special. Can you say propaganda? The whole 2 hour show was basically SNL recording its own version of its own history. What the hell? See if this sounds familiar: "The old cast is gone, we're not funny, the press hates us." Wow, if I didn't know they were talking about 1981-1985, I would think that it sounds exactly like the LAST FIVE YEARS.

Message to NBC: you can't trick us. Play your special. Show us how the show emerged from the Dark Ages of the early 80s and eventually experienced a Renaissance. I'm still not buying it. The crap you play on Saturday nights is one of the least entertaining things on television, and has been for years. I would rather watch a Next! marathon on MTV than be forced to watch something from the new season. The writing is ATROCIOUS.

Do the world a favor and just let the damn thing die.

UPDATE: I love the CollegeFootballNews.com guys. They have an uncanny ability to remain unbiased, levelheaded, and truly analytical, while the rest of the media runs around like chickens with their dicks cut off. Far and away, they offer the best college football coverage anywhere. Anyway, Rich saw what we saw (nearly word-for-word, no less!), and gave Greg his props as Offensive Coordinator of the Week. w00t w00t.

8 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger JM said...

At least you wash your sheets! I think mine are as crap laden as the scripts of Saturday Night Live.
Except for the time Ashlee Simpson lip synced.

 
At 12:27 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

Congrates to big nate for that, and too bad about ced getting injured, it seems he will be ok though. And Chris Simms, I have got to give it to him, he played awesome yesterday. Maybe my post inspired him. Oh vince, i swear, that post i have coming will be ready tomorrow. I changed the video this week so that I can say that I at least did something today.

 
At 12:27 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said Dellach. That is all.

 
At 12:29 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

You can't wash your sheets now. Your team is rolling. It is good luck. You might be sleeping on the floor until January.

 
At 12:46 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a good call, Mr. Shife.

Angel, Ashlee Simpson was probably the highlight of the millenium for that show. Did I mention I want to put my penis inside her?

Dellach, longest return in NFL history, right? Or was I just hearing things?

 
At 1:55 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vince, I don't think changing your sheets has anything to do with it. Start making it out of the kitchen before you pass out for the night.
As for Greg Davis, I have seen the improvement since the first OSU game, but I still think the player abilities are saving his ass.
SNL has had a couple of jems recently. I mean c'mon, the Colonel Angus skit was hilarious.
And Doucho, that was flat out cold... but soooo true!

 
At 2:17 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it was the longest in NFL history or not, but you can't get much longer than 108 yards.

Cody-Good point. How many times in the past 5 years vs. OU have we heard the term "out-coached"? And sorry about the dis. I felt bad as soon as I hit the "publish" button. I should've put "Al" there in your place. More appropriate anyways.

 
At 3:25 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

it was officially the longest touchdown in NFL history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home