Friday, November 11, 2005

Celebrations abound

Congrats, Aud, on winning yesterday's contest. Giz is ready and waiting. If you want to play the whole game, right click and "save as" here.

-------

Today is my baby momma's birthday. Happy birthday, Maegan.

This time last year she was seven months pregnant, and obviously in no shape to celebrate her 21st in proper fashion. Besides, my kid already got enough of a dispensation toward alcoholism from my genetic contribution to need any booze whilst in the womb. I don't remember what we did to celebrate last year, but I'm sure it was lame when compared to getting shitcanned legally and free for the first time in your life.

Anyway, point of the story being that we get to take her out tonight. Now, this is the same chick whose tolerance has plummeted to the point of being tanked after one measly house margarita. Suffice it to say it doesn't take much these days. Still, I'm glad she gets to finally celebrate a birthday on Sixth, and her lousy tolerance should serve to make the experience that much better.

Cheers.

-------

This makes me want to vomit.

-------

Today is also the birthday of "Hook 'em."

I think that speaks for itself.

-------

Off to Austin now. If you catch the game tomorrow (Senior day, *sniff sniff*), make sure you look for the crew. We'll be wearing orange.

7 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I will look for you at the game. You should really stick out if you are wearing orange.
Have a good time celebrating baby momma's birthday.
And the Washington Post story just makes me think that someday they will be able to tell you if your kid is going to be a stud athlete. And I know some parents would abort if they got the answer they didn't want.

 
At 10:07 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger JM said...

Happy Birthday to your baby's Momma!
Yeah. I think that some of the technological advances these days are wacky.
While I was in medical school, we were taught to preserve life and uphold life. Afterall, this life is a baby.

 
At 3:15 PM, November 11, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

Texas fight indeed. Cause a scene so the camera will show you on tv. May I suggest the magic elixir that worked for dell'accio...fighting cock whiskey, it really hits the spot.

 
At 6:31 PM, November 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh yes, vince. i am sad that you totally pussed out and removed the TOS post...the same one on which i commented and called you out on hooking up with "the girl in black" during high school.
admit it. you enjoyed yourself.
off to drunkenness i go. it is friday, after all.

 
At 1:32 AM, November 12, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

I've known people with down's syndrome who went on to have a productive life- I even saw a news story of one who got a bachelor's degree. A child with down's syndrome does take more time and requires more care- I guess in today's society, convenience takes priority over life. VEry sad and unfortunate.

 
At 9:34 AM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess in today's society, convenience takes priority over life.

Very true, man. Productive life or not, they're still people no matter what and deserve what we all do - the right to life.

 
At 7:15 PM, November 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that story also makes me want to vomit. As an older sister of a child with Down Syndrome, that is appalling that people would want to kill an unborn child with this syndrome. My brother and other children with Down Syndrome are some of the happiest kids in the world and they love life and my brother has given my family and I a different perspective on life. It would be a shame if some heartless narrow minded scientists and mothers to be actually thought it would be a good idea to kill a child because they can't handle the stress of raising it. My mother didn't have anyone but my dad to help her raise my brother, and she did a fine job. Ahhh, just goes to show you another example of the nation's attempt to rob a group of people of the right to the pursuit of life and happiness and the laziness that has overtaken the country...and I'm spent....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home