Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Knew That I moved to the Right City

Ok, being broke really sucks, but with some of the events that went on here in NYC over the past week, I know that I came to the right place. A list of bands that played here, just in the last 7 days: Spoon, The Go! Team, The Fiery Furnaces, Bell Orchestre (arcade fire folk), Say Hi To Your Mom, Gratitude, just to name some. Now, I know this is a big city, and this shit happens all of the time, but for god sakes, this is ridiculous. And to top it all off, The Arcade Fire played a show, at 2AM, on a street corner. Union Square to be exact. That's right, they had just lost some award, I think it was the mtvU awards, and they felt like playing, so they did. Where do I sign up to be part of this so called "scene," because i am willing to pay my dues right now. I changed the video a little early this week in their honor. You can also watch a video of them performing Cure classic "Boys Don't Cry" on said street corner. Thanks to my new favorite blog brooklynvegan.com for the pic, you all need to go over and read it, I know that it's one that I am going to hit up everyday.

Oh, by the way, Robert Earl Keen played on thursday as well, and Pat Greene is coming in a couple of weeks, so if I need a taste of Texas, I will have my chances.

6 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, November 09, 2005, Blogger JM said...

They should have one at least for best animation!

 
At 12:24 PM, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hadn't ever seen the video. it's perfect.

go see robert earl for me and let me know what kind of crowd shows up for him in new york.

 
At 5:46 PM, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, I lost my faith... welcome back.

 
At 6:06 PM, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is pat green playing? I have a crew that may take the long strange trip to the NYC to see some hill country music!

 
At 8:24 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

Pat Green is coming on November 14th, thats this Monday, and is at the Beacon Theatre. So you had better act fast.

 
At 8:25 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

ooops, i mean he is playing at the nokia theatre, in midtown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home