Friday, November 04, 2005

Just for you, dearest Frankie

I just had the biggest scare of the year. I tried to get on facebook, but the "blocked by the Corporate Network" page came up instead. Once I pulled my stomach out of my asshole, I managed to gain enough composure to figure out a way to work around it. So I'm on, but the page formatting is all fucked up. The sacrifices we make.

--------

So, speaking of tolerance... Only in the SF Gate would you actually see something like this published for mass consumption. A family has their 16th child, and a man deems it necessary to devote an entire column space to the contempt and disgust we should feel toward such ignorant behavior. You've gotta read it to believe it. They sure do look like a scab on the face of planet Earth, don't they:

Bergin sums it up nicely:

In a column laced with stereotypical invective and sophomoric perversity, Mr. Morford lobs scathing moral condemnations of the Duggars’ selfish disregard for “the dire effects of overpopulation,” suggesting that those on the left avoid having children out of pure environmental altruism. So to be clear: A mother of 16 is selfish while middle-aged professionals with no kids, no spouse and $40,000 hybrids are a picture of self-sacrifice? Pah-lease!
Of course, what the author fails to mention is that after his breed has euthanized itself into non-existence, only those idiot pro-lifers and needy third-worlders will be left, still pumping out babies like there's no tomorrow. Oh, the horror! You gotta love elitists.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, November 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you sir. I think I am moving more and more away from Austin's hyper-liberal bases. While I agree that it is irresposible for someone to have a brood rather than a family, who the fuck is that guy to judge them?
Thank you for contributing to my entertainment during Contracts class.
I nearly laughed out loud when I read "Once I pulled my stomach out of my asshole." How I miss your ironical sense of humor.

 
At 7:46 PM, November 05, 2005, Blogger JM said...

If they can properly take care of their kids why not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home