Thursday, November 17, 2005

Myspace.com pays off for something

Having a delayed response to most things social, except music I guess, I just got on myspace.com last week. I know that most have been on there for ages, but what can I say, I missed the boat, but I have swam (swum?) and caught up to it. Anyways, I took the liberty of getting myself on the filter magazine friend list, among other things. I did not know exactly what this would bring me, if anything. To my surprise today, I get an email from filter saying that I am on their list to get into The Sounds record release party here in NYC tonight.This came as quite a shock, but the lesson I learned is this...free shit is the greatest thing on the planet. I get to see Ultragrrrl spin, as well as James Iha from the Smashing Pumpkins, as well as some dude from Good (Bad) Charlotte, who I could give a crap about, but who the hell cares? ITS FREE. So I finally accomplished something up here. The day started out well, and then, the dude got 2 interviews for next week. One is at a film production company, the other is at a music video post-production company. It looks like a month of sitting on my ass has paid off. I rule.


Oh, by the way, Giz got a bed. I rule again.


This is for Dell'accio, who wanted at least one thing memorable about this post:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Richard said...

That looks like a haphazardly draped pool table, young man.

 
At 10:31 PM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty sweet bed.

And that fat kid...we need to get him to a Chi Phi party and get a pledge pin on him ASAP.

 
At 9:20 AM, November 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you are totally winning at life. The bed must be christened, immediately.

Also, when you see the Sounds, ask the lead singer if she'll marry me. She's so hot.

 
At 10:43 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

she said no, but the bass player said yes.

 
At 10:54 AM, November 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only acceptable downgrade is the keyboard guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home