Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sleeping with the Enemy and Blackshirt dominance

Caught this funny bit in the Bevo Beat blog on the Statesman. So A.J. Hawk has been dating Brady Quinn's older sister for a few months. In a "Sports Newsmakers" segment noting their relationship, the Statesman ran the headline "Sleeping With the Enemy?" Witty, to say the least. Check out his sister here. She's an aspiring sports broadcast something or another, so like all good starlet-hopefuls, she appropriately whores herself out for any sort of media attention she can get. I love it.

[UPDATE: After you click on the link to check out Q's sister, if you don't see an option for an ESPN motion video called "Quinn Family Conflict" with a smiling girl next to it, try alternately clicking the "ESPN motion" and "All" links next to display until it shows up on one or the other. It's quirky that way.]

Do you know what else I love? Excellent football games, which is exactly what we were treated to yesterday. My phone rang more times last night in 10 minutes than it had in the past two weeks combined. I was so happy. I'm not a Michigan fan at all, but I will definitely say that they had an awful string of luck from an officiating stanpoint. Still, the card says moops, and I don't think a little questionable officiating detracted from an otherwise amazing game.

Even though they gave up 28, the Blackshirt D was off the hizzie. I'm hesitant to say the Huskers are "back," but the temptation is great. I hope they are a force next year. Go Big XII.

That's all from me today. Giz and I are busy working on our "Best of 2005" list, and we'll make sure Richard gets a go at it, too. Look for it maƱana.

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, December 29, 2005, Blogger JM said...

She's pretty hot in an Alanis Morsette sort of way.

 
At 12:56 PM, December 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good use of bangs by Ms. Quinn. Her forehead's so big it needs a license plate. In spite of that, though, she is pretty hot. I guess I can go ahead and file her picture in the "Girls I Have No Chance in Hell of Dating Due to Massive Amounts of Competition".

 
At 2:51 PM, December 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Massive Amounts of Competition being, of course, a future NFL linebacker with an NFL linebacker's salary.

That forehead is a monstrosity.

 
At 1:59 AM, December 31, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I hope they get married and name their son, Mike.
Mike Hawk just has a nice ring to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home