Wednesday, December 21, 2005

This Blows


I don't want this to be leangthy, because there is just not too much to say about it. THIS STRIKE SUCKS. I know that they chose to strike around the holidays so that the city would cave faster, but honestly....this blows. This bullshit is reportedly costing the city $400 million per day in lost productivity, and I really feel bad for the people that are trying to visit the city for the holidays. Having a part time job at Macy's (the one on the parade), I see these people all of the time. It was a mad dash to leave work on monday, people trying to get home before the strike started. One of my internships yesterday was totally dead, only half the office could make it in. I have never, and now, will never be a so-called "union man." Fuck unions. They are unecessary now, maybe it's the baseball union that has me so against them, but we are not in fucking coal mines anymore. This is not "Harlan County U.S.A." They are pissed because they may have to walk around the subway cars now?, like all us normal people?! Fuck them. And fuck Unions. Where do you sign up to be a scab? I volunteer myself to be a strikebreaker. Now, I know a few of you may be big Huey Long fans, in fact, I at least one of you is. But screw that shit. It's 2005, get a grip. I now officially have a gripe against the north. This shit would never EVER happen in Texas. I'm not moving back though.

5 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, December 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unions were necessary and appropriate in a past era, but now they're just a tool for extortion and represent an ideological nightmare.

If the subway is still out when I get up there and I have to take a cab, I'm going to be sad. Do something, Giz.

 
At 3:02 PM, December 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw unions its one of the reasons american car manufacturers are doing so poorly. and speaking of NY the evil empire has struck again sorry stewie, more talent is about to go move from boston to the big show.

 
At 8:06 PM, December 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is why I live in Maine. We can't even spell mass transit.

 
At 2:59 PM, December 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second. "This shit would never EVER happen in Texas" what about the capital metro strike here in Austin about a month and a half ago?

 
At 5:52 PM, December 22, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

i don't live there, so i did not see it, so it did not happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home