Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Squander

The bowls only get better from here on out. Last night's was decent, but today it really picks up with Boise State-BC this afternoon, and then Michigan-Nebraska tonight. Score. And notice anything over to the right? Oh yeah, as the countdown would indicate, we're only SEVEN DAYS AWAY from the Granddaddy. I've already started getting a little sick from the jitters. Come next Wednesday, I guarantee I'll throw up at least thrice at work. Actually, a little bit of puke just came out right now. Shit. We are so going to win.

In other news, the results of our peer assessments came in a while back. I debated with myself whether or not to share them with you, but today is such a slow damn day that it's pretty much all I have to talk about. Needless to say, I am the poop. I'm pretty much in the 101st percentile. Such a high rating has several implications, not the least of which means a fatty boombatty, upgraded bonus, come April.

Now, prudence would dictate setting a substantial chunk of that aside for savings or investment, or possibly dumping it into the 401(k), opening a college fund for the child, or paying off student loans. Usually, when prudence dictates something to me, I remind prudence that I am 22 years old, and still have a lot of life left to fuck up. So prudence will probably have to wait until next year to be minded. This year, I am splurging. Here are possible wastes of money I am considering, in order of preference:


  1. The cnet Editor's Choice, 50" Panasonic industrial grade plasma television. For God's sake. I have been nutting over this thing for a year now. I told myself I would buy it after I paid off my truck. Since that happens in exactly one month, by the time April rolls around, I will be beyond restless to finally get this thing in my living room. Oh glorious, glorious HD.
  2. An engagement ring. Don't ask.
  3. An decent summer vacation. A guy down the hall has a really nice cabin at a great spot on Tahoe, and he said he would hook me up with a bargain rate. That sounds sweet and all, but I'm thinking something a little more.... tropical. A Pacific or Caribbean island? Shyeah. Oh man, I'm getting all tingly down there.
  4. A down payment on a house. Ehhh, but I may be back in Austin in a year, so that's probably jumping the gun. A down payment on an A6 - that's more like it. I would so pimp the hell out of one of those things. They are incredible.

That's about it for now. In all honesty, the plasma dominates my every waking moment, so it's pretty much a lock at this point. Longhorns in HD next season, defending the National Championship... gooooooooooo.

Who cares about all that, though. Most importantly, has anyone ever hit this shortcut on DK Mountain? And why was I not aware of its existence??

4 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hit it once, by accident. I could never duplicate it though.
Is plasma better than LCD? I heard plasma burns out and is fucked while you can replace parts of the LCD.

 
At 11:22 AM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've hit it twice, both times by mistake. Once I had a mushroom and used it as I was about to wipe out, the other time I had a star going. But now its soooooo on.

 
At 5:27 PM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want tropical i know a place that gets sun like 362 days a year and i even have a free room you could stay in.

 
At 8:20 PM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if i could handle that much sand...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home