Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Third Day of Christmas

Today is the third day of Christmas, and also the feast of St. John, apostle and evangelist. Granted, our beloved USCCB has tossed both tradition and the twelve days to the wayside in favor of placing Epiphany on the nearest Sunday, but what can you do? I guess this just means we can have fourteen days this year, or as Neuhaus puts it, "twelve days of Christmas +2."

-----------------

Fodder for your Netflix queue. I think I've seen a grand total of two of these movies, but then again, that's about as many times as I actually venture to the theater per year. I will give you fair warning about "Last Days": it is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

-----------------

A good hodgepodge of Longhorn stuff today....

Don't forget to vote for Vince's 80 yard run during the OkState game as the Game Changing Performance of the Year. The winning school gets $100k for their general scholarship fund, which may or may not cover four year's tuition for a couple kids, the way they jack it up every year. Forget all that, though. Let's just keep showing VY that he's still the fan favorite.

Also, (I know this is old) Vasher and Rogers are both pro-bowlers this year. I always thought that Vasher was only showing us flashes of his brilliance as both a corner and return man for Texas, and this season he has finally exploded. He had a couple great returns and picks in the 2004 season, but now... holy Toledo. Plus, the longest play ever? Yes, please. Rogers is solid, albeit somewhat of a headscratcher pick. Who cares though, he's a Longhorn.

Lastly, here is an excellent excerpt from a book that is most definitely required reading: "Stadium Stories... Texas Longhorns," by Bill Little. Goosebumps, knowing that we are making our own history as we speak, almost equally storied.

-----------------

I'm still in a lazy mood today, so I'll just give you another "best of 2005" list and we'll call it even. I really enjoy lists. They're such a great starting point for debate, and remind you of stuff you may have forgotten about. I think I'll try and bring the boys together to compile one or two for you this week, as sort of a late Christmas present. Lucky you, huh? Anyway, here's Star Wars.

Back to the slowest week ever at work. I win.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger JM said...

Hey buddy, my vote is in!!

 
At 11:02 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

I'm sorry, but there is no WAY that I can't vote for Prothro. That is simply the sickest catch I have ever seen, and he just can't be denied. Unbelieveable. It's good to see that VY run again though, I'm sure that you feel the same way, especially since I was on the phone with you when you supposedly saw the play, on TiVo, and thought it was live, and had just seen it 5 minutes earlier. That was a night I wish I could remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home