Thursday, February 09, 2006

Funny

I finally watched the Aristocrats last night. There were some pretty damn humorous incarnations of the joke (Bob Saget is a riot), but more than that, I think its value lies in the insider's perspective it offers of the Hollywood comedic subculture. Listening to really funny people laugh and tell really funny stories about their really funny friends is... well, really fun. This to say nothing of the fact that you are treated to a cross-section of 100 different comedic styles - it's like speed dating for funnies. Add it to the queue, and then after you've watched it, read Penn's blog. Talk about major liner notes.

----------------

I'm tossing around the idea of making a video podcast. Unfortunately, I am about as creative as... fuck. I can't even come up with a simile, that's how creative I'm not. What I was going to say is that I can't come up with what would be deemed a worthy subject matter. But because I do it all for you, and only you, dear friends, I'll let you decide. What do you want to see? What should be the theme? And no, I'm not going to do the one man string band trick with my dick. Again. So don't ask.

8 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, February 09, 2006, Blogger JM said...

I don't know if I could do a podcast. I hate the way my voice sounds.
And some of my friends say I sould like Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island--that I sound like some prep school freak with a twinge of southern twang. With constructive criticism, you can see my apprehension.
However, fuzzbox from my blog did a voice thing on one of his posts. It was fun

 
At 1:36 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Maybe you can recreate Meatloaf's "Anything For Love" video in the mean streets of Austin.

 
At 6:21 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn it Shife! That's what I thought too!

 
At 8:37 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:45 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Richard said...

Anything for Love is officially the opener for Semi-formal this year. I'll pour a little Cold Duck out for the alum ni in diaspora.

 
At 9:45 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

one word...feces

 
At 12:15 PM, February 10, 2006, Blogger GIZMO said...

i just watched that this week as well. my favorite one is the dude doing the joke with the cards, that was amazing. dude, the video podcast is a great idea. you must do it.

 
At 4:01 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, there are a couple of options. You could do Materpenis Theater: Classical Acting for Pricks; The Baby Bachelor starring Elliot; Drunk Guys Yelling at TV's; redo great moments in sports (or anything else) history using alcohol bottles a la Rudy's Superbowl commercial and Wallace and Grommit. I mean the bounds are limitless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home