Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another day, another dollar, another disappointment

Well boys, the day arrived. After bearing the brunt of unprecedented incompetence in my dealings with the shipping company, they finally got the damn thing delivered yesterday afternoon. No exaggeration - the only thing left to go wrong in the whole ordeal was for it to be damaged in transit.

Guess what.

Tito and I ripped the box open like kids on Christmas morning only to find the pane of glass busted. All over. Although we knew it was going back, we set it up anyway in the hopes of at least catching a glimpse of glorious, albeit cracked, 50" High Definition. No such luck. The thing just sat there and hummed like a bug zapper on crack.

Anyway, the guy I talked to at newegg said they would have to file a claim with Panasonic (5-7 business days), then they would send someone to pick up the broken one (1-2 days later), THEN they would ship another. At this point, waiting has become the standard for me, so it's sort of whatever. The only thing I know is they better fucking FedEx it this time, because the shipping companies I dealt with getting it here the first time were boneheaded beyond belief.

Sometimes I wish Baby Jesus would be a little more subtle in telling me that I'm not supposed to have this thing. I love you, Baby Jesus.

And I love you guys.

Meh.

5 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet again, your plane has crashed into the mountain.

 
At 8:04 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Richard said...

If I can't have her, nobody can!

 
At 8:12 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger JM said...

It will be completely worth the wait.

 
At 9:59 PM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to purchase stock in the fucking mountain. I'm face planted into all the damn time.

 
At 2:07 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger GIZMO said...

It was the easter bunny's fault. I apologize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home