Friday, September 22, 2006

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

C-Bass is interviewed on BON, a blog that is infinitely cooler and infinitely more read than ours!@#

My life somehow feels completely validated.

----------------

Phil's going to give the Rocket one more short-rest start this Sunday, in what will likely be his last game at Minute Maid. His (bad-fucking-ass) start Wednesday was widely speculated to be his grand finale, but apparently he tugged hard enough on Uncle Drayton's heartstrings and talked him into letting him have one more. I hope the hitting pulls through for him and gets him that last W...

I know I'm full of hyperbole, but I don't think it's any exaggeration to say that Clemens is one of the top 10 - shit, arguably top 5 or top 3 - pitchers of all time. Needless to say, his contribution to the Astros and their fans has been tremendous, even in only a few short years. It's unfortunate that the Astros don't have the payroll capability to keep him on just oooooone more season and beef up the bats at the same time, but alack.

I'm looking into tickets for the game, I'll leep you posted. I got tickets. It's going to be electric.

P.S. I'm not going to make it in town for the Iowa State game tomorrow, so if anyone wants the (student) ticket, you'll need to call me before about 11 so I can have my liaison contact you before she skips Austin. Sorry for the short notice.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, September 22, 2006, Blogger CD said...

Dude, I read his whole interview through the first time before I even realized it was the Bass. I can't believe the TOB got the shout out (I'm jealous). I'd like to see what your hit count looks like after today.

 
At 11:56 AM, September 22, 2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

EXIT 19!!!

 
At 2:42 PM, September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exit 19, indeed, sir.

 
At 3:37 PM, September 22, 2006, Blogger Richard said...

Way to be Bass, shouting out a blog and a condemned fraternity house.

p.s. Donut and I will be mowing your lawn this Sunday....shirtless.

 
At 11:37 AM, September 23, 2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

Richard,

I guess I could come and watch in my bath robe which probably makes me the old pedophile in Family Guy...guess I'll start calling you Chris from now on.

 
At 8:54 AM, September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tito, is it too soon for the bill reference?

 
At 7:42 AM, September 25, 2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

never too early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home