Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Thankfully, Lucas provides us with plenty of lube while he sticks it to us

So this doesn't change the fact that I will be very disappointed next Tuesday when I pay $75 bucks for fucking non-anamorphic, laserdisc quality transfers of the unaltered Original Trilogy, but it does work a bit towards appeasing me.

Check out previews of the Bonus DVD menus for Star Wars, Empire, and ROTJ. They are using high def stills of original poster art, cutting it up, and animating it!

Space crawl logo! Chantrell artwork!

Slant logo! (<--- my favorite) Jung artwork!

Classic REVENGE of the Jedi poster art by Struzan! w00t.

And of course, the options and chapter menus are each retro-fitted with classic poster art as well. It looks like New Wave Studio, the company in charge of designing the menus, really put forth a worthy effort at pleasing the fans; I can't wait to see them.

I just had a great idea.

I'm sure you've all heard my version of "Lucas raped my childhood". Every fanboy's got one. Well, someone needs to take multiple versions of the story, from some of the geekiest and most famous of fanboys, and compile them in film format, a la The Aristocrats.

I would so watch that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

Money well spent I say. Now we need battlefront 3 to come out on xbox 360

 
At 12:14 PM, September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hd dvd is around the corner just wait a while and you can get the complete set in HD and 7.1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home