Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Big Brother

// begin BB6praise.cpp

Big Brother is awesome. Like, really. If you have even a remote interest in psychology, sociology, small group dynamics, or anything of the sort... it's your show. Seriously, think of how cool of an experiment it is to lock 15 people inside a house with absolutely nothing to do except plot and scheme against each other.

And lest you be the cynic and give me the "it's all staged" nonsense, I beg to differ. I (somewhat shamefully) subscribe to the live feeds, and have been watching them all season. This is the one reality show on television show where the producers refrain from poking or prodding. They have to. It would ruin the dynamic of the show. Sure there are competitions and confessional interviews, but those events quickly become regular and routine to the players.


No, this show is all about the wheelings and dealings of humans driven by an insatiable desire for victory. All the alliances, the backstabbing, the romance, and the intrigue. It's like 16th Century Europe with hotter chicks. And better weather. Or something. This season has almost run its course, but Tito and I are gooing to rent past seasons soon if you want to watch them with us.

Oh wait, none of you live in Houston. Fuck you guys. Just kidding.

// end BB6praise.cpp

4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I never really got into the show. I watched the first season but it was kind of lame so I gave up on it. I have heard from others besides you that it is quite interesting now. Maybe I will have to throw some in the Netflix queue.

 
At 2:30 PM, August 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hooked on the Ultimate Fighter. I mean the dudes live and train together in a house with no TV or entertainment and just make more testosterone than any man needs. Then, towards the end of every show, two of the guys beat the crap out of eachother. Now that's my type of reality show... violence!

 
At 9:17 AM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, Vinny. BB6 absolutely rules. For the next blog though, I'd like to see your breakdown of how things are going to play out in the house. I'm hoping the Girl Scouts crash and burn!

-Dellach

 
At 11:05 AM, September 04, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home