Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Now iss zee time on Schprockets when we dahnce!

Good gravy, I love our basketball team. Guardians title, check. And someone else, please tell me you also saw the Gonzaga-MSU instant classic that was on before our game. It was potentially the game of the year - college, high school, or NBA.

Since I now know for certain that I'll be attending, I've refined my set list for karaoke at the company Christmas party:

Skynyrd - "Free Bird" (yes, I will spend seven minutes air guitaring)
Elton John/Kiki Dee - "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" (I need to find a duet partner)
Night Ranger - "Sister Christian" (or possibly "You Can Still Rock in America," it really depends on how coked up I am at that point in the night)
Los Del Rio - "Macarena" (with obligatory dance moves)
Bloodhound Gang - "The Bad Touch" (to keep the juices really flowing)
Weezer - the entire Blue Album
Tom Petty - "Free Falling" (because that's what I hope to be doing by the time I make it to this one)

And I have been warned informed that they WILL have David Allen Coe on hand and ready, so you know what that means: "Circle UP! What the hell is wrong with you people? I said CIRCLE THE FUCK UP!"

It's going to rule.

---------------------

I am thankful for my family, my job, my liver, life in general, and all of you guys. Group hug!

I'm off to San Angelo until Saturday. Hook 'em, and I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

6 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Sir Cody said...

Dammit, if I have to burst into the party to force the circle I will! Then again that's only if I can find a reasonably priced ticket to the game. But don't forget to throw in a song by the Darkness for good measure.

 
At 11:03 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

You gotta do "Sister Christian." And then you should immediately do The Bloodhound Gang. They are sappy then you hit them with "The Bad Touch."
Is it me or does Adam Morrison look like Jared Leto in "Prefontaine?" He is even trying to grow the 'stache.
Have a great Thanksgiving.

 
At 11:12 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

Why on earth would you need a duet partner...i feel that singing both parts by yourself would be far more entertaining. That song will truly be greatness. Da le tu cuerpo alegria macrarena. You best do some major representing on Coe by the way...

regards from my temporary abode in PA

 
At 11:17 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

oh, also, while i was watching the zags game, i promised myself to make a post devoted to that dude's molestacio, that was true greatness...he is indeed a winner.

 
At 12:10 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger JM said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
"Sister Christian" is an awesome margarita ladened karaoke song. And I only saw the last five minutes of MSU-Gon game!! We had a prayer novena that lasted till 9.
Have a safe trip!

 
At 10:37 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

I once did Tina Turners "Private Dancer" for karaoke when I was really drunk.

People said I sounded more like the album version than Tina Turner's live version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home