Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happiness

OK, this past weekend, I wept. I wept over meat. I wept over sauce. I wept over Saltlick.

I have not made it back to Austin since the big move up here, and I have missed a number of things in that time. I miss friends, I miss being barefoot. I miss football, and I miss Saltlick. So I was browsing the interweb, as I am apt to doing at work, and came accross this, mentioned on Gawker.

Once I saw that this was going on, I had to see if they would be here, the Saltlick that is. And low and behold they were. I had a little taste of home in the middle of Manhattan. It was true greatness, even though a little overpriced. Let me tell you boys, it was just like being out their in Driftwood. Throw in a keg of shiner and this guy playing guitar, and we are looking at 2003 all over again.

I promise a trip to Austin sometime, maybe not soon, but this year. I did not miss Texas until I ate this shit again.








































(this one continues a "foot in picture" motif that seems to be all the rage in blogging right now. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home