Friday, June 16, 2006

"Richard's our leader."

Holy shit I'm still allowed to post in this thing. I had imagined my self-imposed exile would some day be made official by the Big Toony, but a tickling at my blood-brain barrier reminded me that this fucker still exists, and I should definately post in it as a show of solidarity with the resurgence in posting.

Anyways, the title refers to a quote by a freshman football player (of no note or great intellect) in my communications group and not the brothers of Nu Chapter. I'm not their leader anymore, and I like it. I'll throw out an "up top" for Giz and all former alphas. We'll see if my legacy will destroy the chapter.

So....events of note....anecdotes leading into educational linking. Ahhh-ha....the tenacity of capsaicin.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You'd think with that hydroxyl group and a carbonyl the sucker would be soluble in water, but that's just not the case. Now, I didn't even pick too potent of a pepper (a serrano) to roast and subsequently use in marinating some chicken breasts. I took my contacts out about four hours later without event so I thought myself in the clear. Morning was a real red-eyed eye-closer.

The moral of the story, for the burgeoning pepper chefs reading (I'm sure any non-pepper chefs stopped giving a shit as soon as "capsaicin" dropped into the post), is to wear gloves (best idea) or rub your hands down with some type of oil (since capsaicin is lipid soluble), wipe them with paper towel, and THEN wash your hands (maybe even repeat the oil rubdowns) to ensure pain-free corneal contact. I found other options, such as rubbing your hands down with bleach (which as a nascent doctor I can't really recommend), lemon juice, or peanut butter. Include as preliminary steps to the skeezy oily hands if you want, but the skeezy oily hands are obligatory. Count yourself enlightened.



Apologies for the rambling and uninteresting post. I'll be back with better, but until then, keep on reading the signs of my body.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, June 18, 2006, Blogger CD said...

Welcome to the ranks of former Alphas. You probably feel a lot like you did right after losing your virginity...at first proud, but then kinda dirty.

 
At 9:52 AM, June 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you didn't try to rub one out. I'm glad you're still alive.

 
At 11:42 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

and people say you're a nerd. "pshaw," i say, "pshaw"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home