Monday, September 12, 2005

As for the rest of the weekend....

First of all, let's go ahead and get this out of the way: Cowboys rule, Texans drool.

And that's all that deserves to be said about opening weekend of the NFSMELL.

Moving on...

I didn't think it was possible to spontaneously orgasm over 300 times in one day, but that was indeed the case on Saturday. After about the tenth one, I quit changing my underwear. This was possibly the best single week in September in recent memory. So much good stuff to watch, I don't know where to start. Highlights in semi-chronological order I guess.

Congratulations, Ohio. You had your shot in the spotlight, and you danced like you've never danced before.

I admit, I teared up heavily during ABC's opening montage for the Notre Dame-Michigan game. How could you not? A well produced intro montage for a sporting event is probably one of the few things I could watch on repeat for the rest of my life. Besides Back to the Future. Anyway my thoughts on the game are as such: either Michigan was vastly overrated, or Notre Dame is the real deal. The Irish went into the Big House and better than held their own the entire game. The final score betrays the dominance they displayed over the the Wolvies. I think I'm officially on the Weis bandwagon. (And that whole first time the Irish have won 2 away games in a row since Knute stat is interesting and all, but it got beat into the ground really fast.)

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall... The end of the Marshall/K-State game was about as jaw-dropper as they come. I think Mark Snyder made what will become the absolute worst call of the 2005 college football season. Shit, it'll probably be the worst call of any high school season. I was so stunned when I saw it, that I orgasmed. Twice.

Tulsa-OU. Further proof that October 8 is going to be a gang rape. I can't wait to see Bomar get crushed. P.S. Fuck you, Peterson. If you weren't such a traitor, you could be winning badass games with us, instead of getting killed in championship games and then sucking even worse the very next season.

Iowa-ISU. The Big Ten continued its trend of top ten teams losing (3 in one day?!?). Iowa State COMPLETELY demolished the Hawkeyes, although you'd never know by checking today's polls. Seriously, I swear they have a room full of chimps somewhere, taking breaks from finger painting to pick names out of a hat for the rankings. They are utter garbage.

Georgia-USC. Why I love the SEC. And I can't tell you how happy I am that Spurrier is back in his element.

LSU-ASU. Wow. If I wasn't biased unto death I'd say this game might have been better than ours. JaMarcus Russell is simply outstanding. Talk about poise of poise to orchestrate a fourth quarter like that on the road, after what had been up to that point a shaky game. This game also proves to us (yet again) the profound importance of special teams. I love special teams. They're so... special.

And finally, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Trojans, after witnessing Arkansas lose at home to the Commies, are going to march into Fayetteville next week like they own the place. I have another sneaking suspicion (or it could be that guiso and bean burrito I just ate) that the Hogs will have a little something up their sleeve. Texas = undisputed #1 as of September 19th? To quote the timeless Dr. Seuss in his magnum opus, the Butter Battle Book: "We shall see, we shall see..."

5 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

It was an awesome weekend of college football. I didn't quite have that much spontanity in my pants. My underpants navy had shore leave and they got retarded drunk so they were worthless.
That USC-Notre Dame game is starting to look pretty interesting now. The media will have a field day with that one.

 
At 2:22 AM, September 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not so fast my friend. You do realize that Arky lost to Vanderbuilt...the Baylor of the SEC East. Expect USC to roll over the pigs and Nutt to lose his job before the end of the season. His balls are/were already for sale on ebay earlier today.

Thank God JaMarcus is doing so well. The longer that Lyin' Ryan has to stay on the sidelines, the happier I'll be.

 
At 7:24 AM, September 13, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

Why the hell is Oklahoma ranked ? They lost to a TCU team which got trampled by SMU.

As for the Condoms, I think Karma will catch up soon and USC will lose a totally unexpected game.

Notre Dame ? They're pussies. Like the Florida Gators, they stopped playing Miami right when the rivalry started turning against them.

 
At 9:58 AM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dice, sometimes you say stuff that makes me wonder. Like this pearl of wisdom, "Watch out, if they go undefeated, we will get bumped to #3 (assuming USC doesn't lose)." Notre Dame and USC can't BOTH go undefeated. They PLAY EACHOTHER!!! I think its the week after TX-OU.
The most realistic of Texas' dream scenarios is for Notre Dame to lose badly to Purdue, and then win a tight game against USC.

 
At 7:01 PM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and once again i can be glad that i have brown underwear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home