Saturday, October 01, 2005

Why I love Arfeo, and random Saturday thoughts

Arfeo: so, the sooners are starting to get back into swing
Vince: it might actually be a game next week
Arfeo: oh they will bring it
Arfeo: i hope its not an early game
Vince: noon
Arfeo: fuck
Vince: yeah that's what i said
Arfeo: i dont think mack knows how to get the troops ready for early starts
Vince: today's first quarter was unbelievably bad
Arfeo: yes but the good news is i had such volatile flu diarreah that i actually had to wipe matter off of my ass cheeks
Arfeo: not simply the convetional crack
Vince: that's hot



More reasons why I hate ABC's coverage of college football:

1) Craig James
2) Aaron Taylor
3) no ticker
4) no updates on other games.... ever!

The human interest stories on College Gameday (built by the Home Depot) usually manage to at least bring a tear to my eye, but today's piece about Weis granting the kid his dying wish had me bawling. Geez ESPN, way to slap us with a dose of reality.

Favorite plays on X and goal: 1) Play action bootleg to the weak side and 2) the tight end fade to the corner of the end zone. When I become an offensive coordinator, I'm going to call those every time. And then I'll probably get intercepted a lot.

Fuckin' Yankees...

Favorite scene on the sideline: the trainer going ape shit after a big play and cracking his towel like a whip, with authority. Something about the towel makes it so comic and so classic, all at the same time.

How 'bout the Bears passing game against the Wrecking Crew D? I thought for sure they had the upset pulled off. If they wouldn't have sucked so much dick in the Old Spice Red Zone (like 2 for 25) they would have won by a couple touchdowns. Next year, Baylor, next year...

Word of the day: Jamaal fucking Charles. It's good to know that we're set at back for at least three more years. Even better is that the zone read has actually worked the last couple games. I'll give it to Greg Davis - he's done a pretty outstanding job so far this season. I have a feeling he's got a little sum'n-sum'n in his back pocket for the Sooners next weekend. It's gonna be good.....

And finally - For some reason, fifty years ago my grandparents decided that OU weekend would be a good one on which to be wed. This means that my presence is expected back home next weekend to partake in golden anniverary festivities.. In other words, I will not be in Dallas to rub a college career's worth of losses to OU in all those dirty, fucking Sooners' faces. Perhaps even more tragic is the fact that their anniversary Mass begins at 2 PM, Saturday afternoon. Yes, right smack in the middle of the third quarter. I know. I know. No, seriously... I know.

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

I was scheduled to work next saturday. I threatned to quit unitl they gave me the day off...suckers.

Tito

 
At 1:12 PM, October 02, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

Somehow, Murphy's Law always conspires against m whenever I want to see my Hurricanes play.

 
At 9:04 AM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your grandparents and my girlfriend's best friend have the same idea. They just don't understand I guess. TX-OU weekend has one purpose and one purpose only, and that's not to wed. At least I'll get to watch the entire game. Vince, I feel for ya buddy.

-Dellach

 
At 9:34 AM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of ABC's coverage, they posted some stats at the bottom of the screen and listed Vince Young as going to "TU". Let's just say I now have a new place to mail tupperware of my feces, and its name is ABC!

 
At 11:38 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

At least you don't have to sit through a traditional Catholic wedding while your alma mater is playing and by the grace of fat bassets pull out their first win of the year. That's right my Idaho Vandals are off the schnide. 1-4, baby.

 
At 12:44 PM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with your new fancy phone you should be able to get live updates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home