Monday, November 28, 2005

Short and bittersweet

Back from a great weekend with my family. It sure is tough to get back in the swing of things, though...

If you ask me about Friday's game, I won't be able to tell you much, because I attempted to kill myself during halftime via alcohol poisoning. I don't really remember much of the second half, except that we won. The only insight I have is that I think we were far too aggressive with the passing game. It must've been too tempting for Greg, especially given the way Vince has thrown the ball this year, to go vertical two out of every three plays against the lowly A&M pass defense. Unfortunately, the passing game was out of sync all day, and adjustments were never made. Look for us to go back to the bread and butter zone read, and subsequent play action, on Saturday, and dominate in more typical fashion.

So, did VY lose the Heisman on Friday? As I've repeated ad nauseum, his play has been far more consistent and far more central to the team's wellbeing as a whole than that of Bush on the USC squad. If Vince squanders another chance this weekend on the national stage, I'll drop him, but I think he's still got the edge for now.

P.S. Billy fucking Cundiff

P.S.S. I promise something substantial this week.

6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger JM said...

Everything you write is substantial. Make a better promise!

 
At 12:03 PM, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In light of recent events in my life, I request something life affirming. I certainly need some hilarity.

For all regular contributors, my fiancee decided to go back to Texas on Thanksgiving. She did this on our 8th anniversary to the day. Also of note, I am a first year law student. Our finals start in 2 weeks.

 
At 12:50 PM, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel: I am unworthy of such esteem, but I thank you nonetheless.

Frankie: Affirmation is one of my two middle names, along with Asshole. I will do you right.

 
At 3:04 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Would you rather still have Jose Cortez?

 
At 7:21 AM, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

!@#$% Broncos!

 
At 9:31 AM, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure about the Heisman prediction. I do think that you are right about Vince's invaluableness. But after listening to every sportscaster slob all over Bush's nob for the last two weeks, I do not think that VY is in contention anymore. But then again, I don't think that anyone else is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home