Friday, February 17, 2006

There goes the neighborhood

First, the really bad news. My favorite Donkey Kong t-shirt (N64 - "Four Apes in a World of Trouble") is, I'm afraid, ruined. Whilst watching Back to the Future last night, I passed out, wine glass in hand. The rest is history. I'm going to give it the bleach treatment from hell when I get home, but I fear the worst. Sigh.

--------------------

The landscape is changing..

West Campus is going to be so fucking gay when it's all said and done. The few low rises they've already built have zero architectural worth, and are in fact hideous to behold. I guess this is a case of art imitating life - bland, homogeneous facades for the vapid sorority girls who will quickly infest them. It just sucks that they have to completely dominate the landscape with their lack of personality. The buildings, not the girls. At least the chicks are hot.

That article is pretty informative, you should read it.

--------------------

Two Oprah references in two day days?!? Inconceivable!

Best Week Ever blog is awesome. With yet another nod in the direction of James Frey, they present "Tom Cruise on Oprah: The Way It Should've Been." It made me snort-laugh. That's pretty funny. I had a secondary laugh when realized that Oprah, the most informed, enlightened, and educated woman in the history of the universe, used the world's largest soapbox to subsequently praise and defame a man about whom she still knows absolutely nothing.

Sweet, sweet irony.

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger JM said...

That is the way it should have been edited.

 
At 10:41 AM, February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arun, being the anti-me means exhibiting all the character traits I don't, number one being a strong sense of commitment. The pace is set, my friend - let's get it on.

 
At 12:22 PM, February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tow truck company owners must be touching themselves every night when they think of how much money this 60% parking bullshit is gonna net them.

Once that Texan Tower is finished were probably gonna have tons of cars from there taking up spots at the house.

 
At 7:12 PM, February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine the clusterfuck that is going to be the parking situation once they get all those built. Poor, poor planning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home