Monday, November 13, 2006

Ah, well...

I don't want to to be too apocaplyptic, because it's really not the end of the world. I knew our secondary wasn't anywhere near an elite level, but I thought that at this point in the season they'd already seen the best any other team would be able to throw at us. Not so much, as K-State was relentless in their ass-raping of our coverage. Seriously, my butthole was starting to hurt just watching it.

The good news is that we're still going to the Fiesta Bowl; the bad news is that it won't be for the championship iteration. Be thankful as hell that we're playing the poor Aggies next game, and not ou, who has turned on the heat all of a sudden. We'll take out some aggression on A&M, put the hurtin' on Nebraska, then play Boise State in the desert for another BCS victory.

Like I say, it's not the end of the world, it's just that our bar is set so fucking high - and that's the way it should be.

By Sunday morning, I had received 17 suicide notes between my voicemail and text messaging. I hope you're all still alive.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The offer to kill Greg Davis still stands. I should have taken care of him back in '03.

 
At 3:31 PM, November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the worst we can say about Greg is that our backup QB putting up 42 points wasn't enough to beat K-State, then I don't really have a problem with him.

This game was all on the defense - giving up 45 is unacceptable.

 
At 3:58 PM, November 13, 2006, Blogger Richard said...

Luckily, they have beer where I work. I was able to down what remained of the Friday Happy Hour Newcastle before I left.

Did you get your blood work checked yet? Either of you? Sheeeeiiiittttt

 
At 9:42 PM, November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. It is very true that the secondary was horrendous and the reason for the loss. But I've had it out for that conservative play calling bastard for years.
Blood work? We already know Toon has Henry IV. I on the other hand probably should check into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home