Monday, October 10, 2005

Greatest Sports Weekend. EVER.

I know I make that claim often, but this time I really think there is a case to be made. I'm absolutely convinced that when God invented the month of October, he had us sports fans in mind. It just doesn't get any better than this.


First of all, OU sucks. It feels so amazing to be able to say that and actually believe it now. Time to buy your Rose Bowl tickets.

Three "games of the season" for three of my teams, and I missed them all. Between a family celebration on Saturday and the plane ride back to Houston yesterday afternoon, I only caught a collective three hours of the sports greatness that was this weekend. The fact that I had my hands physically ON tickets to yesterday's all-time epic Astros game and could've been there to live it makes the whole deal all the more bittersweet. But hey, who's complaining? Bring on the Cards. I do feel the need to issue a public apology to the 'Boys, for disowning them for even a day. Way to unleash the beast and put those dirty Eagles in their dirty little place.

Oh yeah, and a HUGE congratulations to Joepa and his faithful on a monster win.

In other news... fuckin' Yankees. Let's go Angels.

We have a special treat we're unveiling this week, hopefully tomorrow, so live in eager anticipation until then. And Richard, post some pics from this weekend!

Seacrest, out.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, October 10, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

It was good to see the Sooners are having a bad season for once.

Will they finish the year with a winning record ? It could be close.

 
At 9:45 AM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Yes, Vince, you had an awesome sports weekend. It should be a great series between the Astros and the Cardinals. If it is like last year, I am going to need bypass surgery. In all honesty, I hope I don't see you in Game 5 because that means the Cardinals swept but I think this series goes at least 6 games. Last year, my sister's friend was going to give me tickets for the Game 5 of the World Series. Glad I didn't make plane reservations.

 
At 3:55 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

right on vince. Horns kick ass, Stros advance, and I was drunk the whole time.

 
At 5:45 PM, October 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tito, this week we shall drown ourselves in glory and beer. Wednesday night, 7 PM, your HDTV or the bar's. I fucking love October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home