Thursday, October 06, 2005

One Day Pass

Today on The Herd, Colin made a pretty good point: no other lifelong commitment are you forced to make at age 9, but to your sports teams. You are stuck with them at such a young age, and to jump ship or become less of a fan is to sell out in the fan-dom world. He gave the listeners a one day pass to trade in one team they had faithfully followed forever (fuh-fuh-fuh) for one they had secretly coveted. There were Yanks hanging up their hats for one with a "B" on it, South Carolinians going to the "real" USC camp, Rangers crossing state to become Astros, and the like. So I pose his question to you - which team would you trade in, and what would you replace it with?

6 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go first I guess.

The Cowboys. America's team. My team. They're gone. I am now, for the rest of the day, a Steeler. God save my soul.

 
At 12:46 PM, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Francisco. They have positively shit the bed. I'm with you. Steelers play hard-nosed football, God love them.
I will never trade in my BoSox. It's just the nature of the beast.

 
At 1:01 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger T. Leach said...

I'm going to trade you the Boston Celtics. And, you know what? I don't really want anything in return. Just take 'em.

Okay, okay, I'll tell you what. Just give me a fucking bounce or something. I havent' seen one of those in like forever. Or a lay-up? Some defense?

 
At 2:17 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

It's a toss up between my college, the Idaho Vandals, and America's least favorite team, the Arizona Cardinals.
But I am going with the Cardinals and I would trade them for the Da Bears. My Dad's favorite team so that would be the only reason.

 
At 7:54 PM, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i trade the US olympic basketball team for argentinas

 
At 8:16 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

I would trade in the Miami Dolphins for the New England Patriots. I could never trade in my 'Canes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home