Friday, October 21, 2005

History Lesson

First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have spoken with both Richard and Giz this week, and they are alive and well. I was beginning to worry...

I get asked a lot (not really) how we came up with "The Triumvirate of Bland." Truth be known, we didn't invent the name, the Travesty did. You can see it in its first incarnation here, in the March 2003 edition. There's always plenty of other hilarity in the Travesty, so you non-Texas guys who have never read it should definitely check it out. I'm so happy they finally decided to make "Jesus is..." t-shirts:

Total greatness!

One of the chicks I work with just got an email from MLB. Tickets for the World Series are sold in a lottery form. If your number is picked, you get a chance to buy. Her number was picked. Wtf? Dear God, I love you, too. Love, Vince.

I'm going with a weekend split with Chicago this weekend. The starters match up almost dead even, but I think you have to give the 'stros the bullpen advantage. Qualls and Lidge will absolutely shut down the Sox in the 7-9. Look for more Soggy Burrito style small ball, and Scrap Iron to move his runners up any chance he gets. The Astros will play lights out, but Chicago's got enough momentum - even after a week off - to get at least ONE at home.

I'm sticking with my previous prediction for the Texas game. I think the +15.5 line for Tech is absolutely INSANE. Tech has EVERYTHING to play for in this game. They're shooting for the Rose Bowl just as much as we are at this point. Two years ago, Chance Mock came off the bench cold late in the fourth and orchestrated the unbelievable 2 minute, 86 yard drive to give us the 43-40 win. I think this year we'll get another thrilling ending, capped by a 45 yard field goal by Pino to give us the 48-45 W. It's gonna be a good one.

Oh yeah, I found a ticket. Student section even. The weather is going to be amazing. The flask will be in full force. This is what October is all about.

Texas fight.

6 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was there!!! I miss drunken debauchery at the UT games!

 
At 10:32 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I just wrote Jesus a letter on my blog, but I was asking for something else. Have a good sports weekend.

 
At 4:33 PM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Richard said...

Working on every single game day really chafes my chode.

 
At 12:32 PM, October 22, 2005, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

It is a great time to be a Houstonian right now. Two of our most celebrated are on ESPN.com. Roger is on their homepage as well as Vince on the inset (think that's what it is called) at the top right.

Go Houston,
Go Stros,
Go Horns.

We win.

 
At 3:22 PM, October 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard, you aren't a real man anyway. A real man would have stood up and said, "Hey. As an upperclassman at UT, it is a requirement that I do not work on game days." Or at least stream the game and drink while no one is looking. I hate everyone that is at the game right now. I am sitting on my couch sober and weepy.
On a completely separate note. Are any Chi Phi's going to be in Austin over the break? I am coming home for about a week and am thinking of flying Southwest, with the possibility of staying in Austin for a night or two of debauchery.

 
At 8:23 AM, October 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. never have i been more wrong in a prediction. i guess that's that... at the risk of counting chickens, i say it's off to pasadena we go. we're gonna have to find a way to spend less than $500 a ticket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home