Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Updated picks

Real fast before Game 1 starts, so I can show you all how wrong I am again, here are my picks for the Championship Series.

ChiSox over Angels in 5.

Astros over Cards in 7.

-------

"Awesome is an overused word in the 1980s, but Mike Tyson is absolutely awesome."
-Tyson/Young fight, 1985


It's Tyson week on ESPN classic, and they're showing some oooooold school mid 80's gems, back when Mike was an up-and-comer, and he could really be called Iron. The man was a fucking god. I don't know why, but every time I see a "Behind the Glory" or "Sports Century" about him, I end up weeping in commiseration, especially during the part when Cus D'Amato dies. If ever there was a real life tragic figure, Tyson is its embodiment.

Oh well, time for baseball.

6 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, October 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care how far he falls from the land of normalty, it will always be "Mike Tyson's Punch Out!" to me.

 
At 9:20 AM, October 12, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

All I can say about your predictions is Go Cards!

 
At 10:35 AM, October 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, no less than three times a year I'll try my hand at beating that game, and I always fail miserably once I get to Tyson. One punch knockout! Wtf! There's no time to memorize his moves!

 
At 6:53 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

Mike Tyson's life really was a tragedy. He could have gone down in history as the greatest boxer ever.

Could've.

 
At 6:30 AM, October 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

such potential, pissed away... i blame don king.

 
At 6:00 PM, October 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don king set him up, he should of moved for a trial in LA they let everyone off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home