Monday, December 05, 2005

Karaoke night, Bowl breakdown, and a sneak preview

Skynyryd - Gimme Three Steps
Biggie - Hypnotize
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
4 Non Blondes - What's Up?
Los Del Rio - Macarena

I've heard enough stories this morning to piece together my set list from Saturday night at the company Christmas party. People keep swinging by my office and giving me knowing winks before saying "well you sure had fun, didn't you?" or "you're famous now." Someone did it just now. I shit you not.

I was in blackout mode for the last three songs on the list, but apparently I managed to drop a few F-Bombs during Total Eclipse, a la "Old School." Fucking yes. Mission totally accomplished. And yes, I led the dance to the Macarena.

---------------------

The good ol' BCS has delivered a decent lineup. 5/10 years to actually do its job isn't too bad, I guess. Oh wait, yeah, it is terrible, but that's for another post. I will, however, go ahead and take this opportunity to say it YET AGAIN: VaTech is now and always has been overrated. PEOPLE: stop buying into the hype that the media generates around this team EVERY YEAR.

Back to the point, I'm really excited about the entire spectrum of bowl games this year. Every BCS game has looks decent on paper, although I would've much rather have seen Notre Dame-Penn State square off. The Paterno-Bowden storyline is pretty lame, if you ask me. UGA-WVU is a statement game for the Mountaineers - I haven't seen the line yet, but I'd be looking for WV to take the SU as a 'dog. ND-OSU... it is what it is.

I wasn't going to do this, but fuck it. I'll go through all the ones I'll be watching...

Arkansas State-Southern Miss Come on, first game of the bowl season! Get in the Holiday spirit!
BYU-Cal These teams are going to trade punches until late in the fourth. Don't miss.
Kansas-Houston Cougs athletics in general are rockin' lately, and they'll give the Jayhawks a run for their money in this one.
ASU-Rutgers I have a secret man-crush on Mike Stoops. He'll slap around the upstart Scarlet Knights. I had a momentary lapse of memory recall regarding my AZ coaches. Sorry Stoops.
Boise State-Boston College Why God created Bowls.
Michigan-Nebraska Time warp 1997? An overplayed storyline for a worthy matchup.
Oregan-OU OU caps off their season-long of improvement with a big win over the Ducks.
Northwestern-UCLA Here's your classic Big 10-Pac 10. I like Northwestern to finish strong.
Miami-LSU Tough one to call... I'm going with a tossup. Must see.
Tulsa-Fresno State Mid-major goodness. I love to watch the little guys scrap.
TCU-Iowa State Gotta see TCU get their 11W season!
Texas Tech-Alabama Holy hell. Are you kidding me? Goooooo. Wreck 'em, Tech.
Louisville-VaTech I like the Cards in what will be considered an upset, but will in reality be more physical proof that the Hokies do, indeed, suck shit.
Auburn-Wisconsin The Barry Alvarez swan song will be off key and, in a word, awful, as Auburn crushes the Badgers.
Notre Dame-OSU Midwest football at its best. A low scoring field position battle, with potential to be a classic. I'll go with the Irish, who'll win with a bit of luck.
Georgia-WVU West Virginia represents their shitty conference with a big time win.
FSU-Penn State JoePa's return to prominence is completed.
USC-Texas Horns roll BIG, and the balance of power in the universe is shifted to the state of Texas, where it rightfully belongs.

That's it for now, boys and girls. Wait patiently!

Coming soon: Angel inspired me to list my biggest turn-ons. You know it's gonna be good, so stay tuned...

6 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

One correction to your list, Mike Stoops coaches at University of Arizona and Dirk Koetter coaches at ASU. Other than that, it is excellent.

 
At 12:26 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

And nice job at the company party.

 
At 12:38 PM, December 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our day has come! Hook 'Em!

Way to keep up expectations, Toonces! My camp is a go in January! More stories of debauchery to come.

 
At 1:16 PM, December 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call, Shife. Forget that game, then.

 
At 3:28 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger JM said...

You are completely in blackout mode to be singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart".
And I've never bought into Virginia Tech ever. One of my medical school classmates went there and she didn't even buy into it. And she will still state that she won't.

 
At 12:28 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

I myself don't know about Miami. If wright doesn't f--- up too much, we will win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home