Friday, December 02, 2005

The hour approaches

So today and tomorrow they're throwing a Big XII Fan Fest (WARNING: evil .pdf), or something to that effect, here in downtown. It starts at noon, so I'll probably walk over right after work and check it out, possibly talk shit to some lame-o Buffs, and definitely have a beer or six. Thank God for half day Fridays. Later tonight is the Longhorn pep rally (gay), immediately followed by the Randy Rogers Band (awesome).

It still hasn't really set in yet that we are actually finally playing for the Conference Championship again. I feel like the break between KU and A&M was a momentum killer for the Longhorn season as a whole. The fact that we looked less than inspiring against the Ags didn't do much to change my mind, either. That said, I don't just want a win tomorrow. I want a homicide. I want to see them slap the cuffs on VY after the game and charge him with first degree. Let's get this train rollin' again. Hook 'em.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Whilst watching the Akron - NIU game last night (which was insane, BTW), they showed an interesting stat. Apparently, Texas holds the current D-1 streak for most consecutive season with a 1000+ yard rusher, extending back from 1995-2004. Now, so far this season, Vince has racked up a grand total of 793 yards rushing, while Jamaal Charles holds up second with 782.


SO, while it is plausible that both Vince and JC will each fail to rush for ~200 yards in the span of two games, for the love of all that is holy, let's pray to Holy God that they do, and that the streak continues, or it may be a loooong day in Pasadena on Jan. 4.

7 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, December 02, 2005, Blogger JM said...

You have to link to another video or something. The image of Daniel has yet to escape my thoughts! He haunts me in a very look over my shoulder kind of way.

 
At 8:27 AM, December 02, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

do not worry about vince or jamaal getting the yards, I sold Mack's soul to the devil yesterday, and the devil told me that the yards were taken care of. This is insane, I don't know if I can take watching the game, too similar to 2001.

 
At 8:52 AM, December 02, 2005, Blogger j merlino said...

What if CU happened to win ? Nah, not gonna happen. 'Horns by 4 td's.

 
At 10:24 AM, December 02, 2005, Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Hook 'em Horns. Have fun this weekend Vince and enjoy the game.

 
At 11:40 AM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly have the fear. But we do have one thing going for us: no Chris Simms!
Giz, find out if the Devil is planning on padding some of Vince's stats. He may need them for the Heisman.

 
At 8:58 PM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horns by 4 scores, indeed.

Please tell me the devil appeared in the form of a poodle.

 
At 9:20 AM, December 03, 2005, Blogger GIZMO said...

the devil did not say anything about the heisman, but he did assure a win today. 3 hours away and I am pumped (and hungover).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home